March 21, 1956 was a foundational day for what became the Hebrew speaking Catholic communities in Israel.

On March 21, 1956, Brother Yohanan Elihai arrived in Haifa and celebrated the mass according to the Syrian rite in Hebrew. This was the first time that mass was celebrated in Hebrew in Israel. Two Little Sisters of Jesus participated, Sister Marie-Paul and Sister Miryam-Elizabeth.